Sunday, April 30, 2006

I'm staring at the fireplace and the familiar flicker of fire

The dream was of Giant Frogs who raced to cure the sick. They were call Amphibulances and wore large white smocks with large red crosses. Of course. They did not require sirens, for they were able to employ their ample Frog Leaps to soar over the other vehicles.

[these other vehicles I assure you were all automotive, completely NON frog related, though the occasional one was green or had those pop up headlights which I always envied as a child and believed to be thoroughly frog like. the porsche 911 too resembles a frog. i always liked that car.]

I can't remember if paramedics rode in the frogs or on the frogs or if the frogs themselves were able to administer the cure, all I can remember is that these Amphibulances were present when they were needed, or present at the scene.

Perhaps they are more sinister than I originally believed, I thought in my dream, and as I pushed the curtain aside and looked out onto the street the frog, ever...so...slowly...turned to look at me, and said, "........................................"


I woke up.


********

I am awake, I am asleep and never the two shall meet. Or was it Twain? Who rode his caboose all the way to Ballarat and proclaimed, that's enough practice for now, better get back on board before I lose my...thought pattern?

Weirdo. That's what runs beside my bed when I open my eyes on the floor of the Hotel. So I pull the blanket way overhead, and pull the emergency lever, screeching straight back onto the dream....

********

There are no frogs this time. Just ring pulls and pulleys and push me pull you with three other girls. Perhaps it's best not to go into this one, I think as I type, but my dream self sweats and grunts and ignores me, cold biting on hard hot shoulder and melting into that soft marshmallow of...the sea, spit, drown, salt, crash land on the beach, and WAKE.

[the beach features almost every night in my dream. i do not know what it symbolises. when i was younger and in love with a cancerian, we used to gaze into each other's eyes and say that it meant her water crashing on my earth. this sort of talk was usually followed by my dirty earth hands parting her red sea. moooooooses yeah, is exactly how barry white would say it i'm sure...]

********

This time I'm out of the dream for good because I can hear the automatons outside clambering and scratching. I make cars, I clean rooms, I feed your children, I am in charge of air conditioning filters, I cure people, I can't cure myself, I make pictures, I make words, I am your destiny, I ain't yours, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, and the replies....Oh, oh, oh, Oh, OH, Oh? Oh! OH! oh...oh! 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0....

And that's what we're becoming, and that's all I am here. Don't you fucking see? Our children dressed in all their binary, a spare button once sewed beneath the collar, now marked:

Enter.

I press it, and realise I hadn't left the dream at all.

********


I think the way out is back through Hell, and I ain't afraid at all.



3 Comments:

Blogger You've Got What I Need... said...

It's you.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Sherriff said...

'tis.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Sherriff said...

No, I think you miss the point, the point, point, the point.com.

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home