Sunday, April 30, 2006

Aural be right

Just had to stop by quickly and tell you something exciting.

Work was typically work, I cleaned H-Pie things in front of drinkers. Vibe.

And then my world was changed.

I walked home with it in my hands. I walked faster than normal, dizzy with excitement. I saw horizons shift, I saw night after night of pleasure and bliss. I foresaw my new love and I falling asleep together, every part of me lavishing attention, dripping, soaking it all in. I AM IN LOVE.

I have been given a BOOK ON A TAPE.

I grew up falling asleep to Dark Side of the Moon. Music has been my constant. My companion and my inspiration. The soundtrack to my life long before the Walkman let alone the trendoid iPod.

But now I have a real, true friend. A connection so exciting I have climbed from my bed-on-a-floor TM to come and tell you of it. I HAVE BEEN LISTENING TO A BOOK ON A TAPE.

It's amazing. It's beautiful, SO beautiful. WHY HAVE I NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE?

To quote a song and a blog, this could be the love of a lifetime...

1 Comments:

Blogger Buck Fudd said...

Aren't they ace?

I listened to PKD's "Man in the High Castle" a couple of years ago when the library didn't have a paper copy.

I've also got an abridged 6-tape copy of "Paradise Lost" - which I found impossible to read - but listening to it, it's mind-boggling. I'll lend it to you if you like. Satan's monologues will straighten your pubes.

3:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home