Friday, February 24, 2006

Part 4

Soundtrack: Gutterville Splendour Six / Unzip the Monkey

In which we return the story. And get covered in mud.

********

Some people can't leave well enough alone, but this year, this time, in this Hotel, I find my Zen Place and let it all evaporate, let it all form in puddles of nothing and shine some fucking heat, some real-time sunshine on that shit. Mix my metaphors and stay cool at the same time. Get it?

Eight stars, a skip and a jump.

********

In the country I stood by the side of the road as she held her thumb out, tiny shorts a recipe for success. We clamber into the Jackaroo and the Little One is grateful as she slurps water from the esky lid. It's hot, it's friendly and it makes me giddizzy.

It's adventurous, and though I am too, sometimes I'm not.

I hope this road goes two ways. I hope this road leads further on. I hope this road goes for longer than what we thought. I hope it is not merely a small side street, a service road, good for parking and getting ready for a U-Turn. I hope so much and for so long that I have no idea why I am even hoping anymore, but think, maybe I'm just hoping because it keeps me distracted and gives me comfort, and if i stop hoping...

At night, I look through the canopy of trees, stretch out my hand and one by one pluck stars from the sky. No-one sees me do it.

I slide them into my pocket.

I might not need them tonight, for the fire in front and the warmth beside me are enough. But I will keep them hidden and close. Because my one thing is wisdom and wisdom knows:

The wolves are always close by.

Fuck the wolves. I got the stars.

********

I've never asked for a guarantee. Guarantees aren't worth the shit they're shat out on. Poo to them with knobs on. Besides, a guarantee, an insurance policy, it cheapens everything, it makes everything seem less organic. And everyone knows, or should know, that true beauty is found naturally. True beauty evolves and grows and forms long and slow and languid over time. Catastrophes, disasters, rains, storms...ain't no black clouds that don't help form a marvel of nature. And the more something gets weathered, the sexier it looks.

I grab the nearest piece of paper, draw a letterhead on it (texta) and a wax seal (pencil). I write INSURANCE POLICY: EVERYTHING in red like a stamp (BAM!) across lines of gobbledegook and border it with a thick red line.

Then I roll it up (trumpet) and set it alight.

No net. No ropes. No helmet.

Only Life, adventure, this day and the next.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice view matty b. This place seems to be more comfortable than your last, I hope you find it so. That said, I felt kinda comfortably familiar with your last abode.

9:57 PM  
Blogger You've Got What I Need... said...

You know matty, it's the water that will ruin you in Tj. That being said, Hell has nothing on Mexico. You've chosen wisely.

It's good to see you in print again.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home