Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Part 3

Soundtrack: Queens of the Stone Age / Regular John

Having set up my room here, emptied my boxes of crap, placed my furry animal collection on a shelf and the photo of my love next to the bed...I find myself at a loss for words. Is the comfort of the Tijuana sapping my creative strength? Were the fires of Hell necessary for meto be able to write the words that kept me alive?

Don't care.

I'll be here, but not as often. I'll be here when I need a break from what is out there. Life, love, work...reality.

********

I did the same thing for seven years straight. Every morning I climbed into my chair and repeated the steps from yesterday, lived the same day over and over, keeping the future by my computer, just next to the mouldy coffee cup and stacks of CDs. But now the future is here and I am ready. Now the future is here and I have never felt lighter, and the flames inside are no longer the flames of Hell, but an old flame long forgotten. Passion returning, cobwebs fleeing, a cool breeze fanning my excitement about what is to come. And soon I will have sentences to write that speak not of internal battles or what it means to be alive in a dying world, instead these sentences, these links to you, will be building blocks.

And my bridge will be perfectly constructed, not a Temple of Doom rope bridge.

And we can all jump up and down on it and smile.

********

I started a band. We play March 7th. I'll keep you posted.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kay Adams said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

write music not blogs

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

blogs don't kill people bloggers do

8:34 PM  
Blogger la nadine said...

found you.

miss you.

love you.

see you.

soon.

6:02 PM  
Blogger sublime-ation said...

So happy I've found you. I've missed your ponderings.
Good on you for keeping going with the blog thing, sometimes a fresh start is all you need.
xSub

ps Make Blogs Not War

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home