Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Part 2

Soundtrack: The Undertones / Teenage Kicks

It's a nice feeling here in room 101, knowing that my company is my own. The Tijuana offers me anonymity and, though short lived as it may be, respite from the fires of the Inferno beyond and behind. The couple next door I rarely see, though often hear through the thick stone walls of my room. Outside...outside...outside is a pulse, a beating heart of Real Life that pumps twenty four hours a day. Worker ants morphing into a feeding frenzy at sunset, transforming into robotic drinkers as the night wears on until the Garbage Truck Drones, all sirens and horn and steam engines, end the cycle and drown the gutters with liquid amnesia.

The sun rises and all that has passed floats toward the sea.

And everyday I watch this from my room.

And the world makes sense.

********

I realise, without caring, that from your vantage point across the street, my face looks black, blue and bleak as I stare out my window. But the lines around my eyes and the furrowed Luke Perry I keep on high, well you'll have to take my word. It's a whole lot happier than what it seems. Ask someone close to me, they'll tell you how light it is inside me, and how these words are just another painting, another sculpture, another form of expression.

I like to paint in colours dark.

I like my music heavy, with meaning.

But if I was a party trick, I'd be a balloon animal.

Twisted into many forms for the joy it brings to others.

********

Heehee.

********

Part 2 is a bridge, for it is late and the tea isn't a coffee and the new picture above my bed that I snuck into the Hotel when no-one was looking is inviting me to lie beneath it. I hung it above my bed see, and the red in her stockings matches the mist in my belly, and also the cushion I keep on my bed to lend colour to a drab room.

Always keep red in your bedroom. Trust me.

Part 2 is a bridge between starting from scratch and picking up pace, remembering what it feels like to feel the flow, the flow, the rhythmic flow and the subtle melodies that the keys make when you tap them deep into the night.

Tap tap tappity tap click tap.

It's a music I can't leave behind, a song I can't forget, and listening to it now, right NOW, I smile and think, one more cigarette, one more sentence, five more minutes.

Because like all good music should, this song brings us closer together.

If you've made it here, I'm really happy to see you.

Hi.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sherriff said...

Heehee. It is kind of fiction you know...

Thanks for being my first.

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, maybe we should meet up more.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Sherriff said...

How did I do that?

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I parked my pony out the front & thought I'd saunter in for a bit. Thanks

4:41 PM  
Blogger littlefaeriegirl said...

i'm really happy to see you too
xxxxx

4:53 PM  
Blogger Fluffy said...

Hi. Coffee?

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure what made me check your profile again. But I’m glad I have. Do you have a spa in your room?

3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home